Post-show attendee and exhibitor surveys from IFPE 2001 and CONEXPO-CON/AGG confirm the shows’ success as a vital business tool connecting buyers and sellers. Show management will use the survey data in future planning to offer even more value at the next edition of the co-located exhibitions.
"We are always looking for ways to improve the shows for both attendees and exhibitors; our goal is a quality show experience that meets their business needs with maximum results," stated show director, Melissa Magestro.
The triennial exhibitions will next be held March 18-22, 2014 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, USA for the fluid power/power transmission/motion control, construction and construction materials industries.
Among the results from the 2011 CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE post-show surveys:
- Buyers attended the shows: for CONEXPO-CON/AGG, 89 percent of attending contractors and 91 percent of attending producers had a "buying influence" for products at the shows; 73 percent of IFPE attendees also had a "buying influence," which is above the manufacturing/industrial exhibition average.
- Attendees also ranked the shows' value above the industry average for return on investment of time and money spent: 4.2 on a scale of 5 for IFPE and 4.1 for CONEXPO-CON/AGG (Industry average is 3.7.)
- Attendees' top reason to attend: examine the new products and technologies on display (92 percent). Some 87 percent said they wanted to check out specific companies/products, which emphasizes the success of exhibitors using pre-show promotion to encourage attendee traffic.
- Other top reasons cited by attendees for their show participation: networking, personal professional development and meeting with technical experts.
- Exhibitors expressed overwhelming satisfaction with the quality and quantity of attendees, and 91 percent said they were satisfied with their overall experience at CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE 2011.
- More than 90 percent of exhibitors said face-to-face customer contact was important or very important to the success of their company.
NFPA member, Allen Carlson from Sun Hydraulics Corporation summed up his IFPE experience nicely by sharing, "We have seen a lot of people; in fact I’ve collected about 60 business cards in the first two days from people from China, South America, the United States and Europe. It would be very difficult to see 60 people in the next month; and here you can do it in just a couple of days at IFPE.”
Visit www.ifpe.com for the latest information on IFPE and CONEXPO-CON/AGG.