U.S. Fluid Power Industry Brief
Fluid power is a workhorse of the U.S. economy—a cross-cutting technology of choice for dozens of industries and hundreds of applications. That’s one of the many conclusions in the new report, the 2021 NFPA Industry Brief, published by the National Fluid Power Association.
The Brief will be replacing NFPA’s Annual Report on the U.S. Fluid Power Industry and will adopt a cadence of release every other year. The purpose of the Brief is to be a tool that members can use to promote the fluid power industry to external stakeholders — customers, users, government officials, the public-at-large — anyone who doesn’t know as much as they should about fluid power and the industry that represents it.
Key conclusions include:
- In 2020, the manufacture of fluid power components was an $18.2 billion industry in the United States. It was also competitive worldwide, with 2020 exports valued at $5.6 billion.
- It is estimated that 744 companies in the United States employ more than 64,000 people in the manufacture of fluid power components, representing an annual payroll of more than $4.4 billion.
- Fluid power has a major downstream economic impact. It is estimated that the top industries that depend on fluid power represent thousands of companies in the United States, employing more than 845,000 people for an annual payroll of more than $60 billion.
- Fluid power and the industries it serves depend on a highly educated workforce, leading to investment in new fluid power education and training resources. More middle schools, high schools, technical colleges and universities are teaching fluid power than ever before.
- Fluid power technology continues to advance to better meet the needs of its diverse customer base. Product development is supported by a growing research community that helps to bring new technologies to the marketplace.
- And many more.
Know someone who would benefit from this report? Don’t let your customers and colleagues miss out!
Request a Presentation
Did you know you can request a custom presentation specific to your company?
Using the information that is summarized in the report, you can request additional information on a variety of topics such as:
- Workforce and Fluid Power Education/Training
- Hydraulic and/or Pneumatic US Markets
- Energy and Efficiency Systems
- Research and Development
- Technology Roadmap for the Fluid Power Industry