The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation is committed to supporting university fluid power education and programs. The University Fluid Power Grant is designed to provide funding to implement new and add more fluid power courses and content to their undergraduate agricultural, mechanical, and electrical engineering programs.
For the 2021-2022 year, the NFPA Foundation is looking to specifically fund university grant projects that create electrical and data acquisition and controls curriculum that will ultimately be available be shared on the NFPA Curricula Tree
The application period is now closed. Check back for information on the 2022-23 grant cycle. Contact Mary Pluta, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Up to $8,000 in financial support for each selected project.
NFPA will accept grant proposals until the funds are depleted. Approved projects will be awarded between July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
- Funding must be connected to adding new or expanding existing fluid power content in your electrical, data acquisition and controls curricula.
- Projects related to the core competencies identified by the fluid power industry will be given preference. Free resources to help you teach these core competencies are available in NFPA’s Curricula Tree .
- The project must have on-going usage and benefits beyond a one-year scope.
The selection of funding recipients will be based on the following criteria:
- Merits of the project – its goals and objectives related to adding new or expanding existing fluid power content to curriculum
- Relevance to adding fluid power curricula at your university
- Average number of students enrolled in the fluid power course
- Multiplier effect (What is the expected long-term future outcome of this project?)
Examples of supported activities funded by this grant include (but are not limited to):
- Resources needed to bring fluid power curricula to engineering programs
- Development of teaching tools (e.g., textbooks, software programs, training stations)
- Lab development, maintenance, upgrades
Contact Mary Pluta with questions.