University Scholarships & Grants
The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation is committed to supporting university fluid power education and programs. The Fluid Power University Grant is designed to provide funding to faculty to add/add more fluid power curricula to their undergraduate mechanical engineering programs.
NFPA will provide up to $8,000 in financial support. There is no deadline for this grant to be completed – it is on-going until the funds have been depleted.
- Funding must be connected to adding or adding more fluid power into your curriculum.
- NFPA’s Curricula Tree contains resources for educators based off what the fluid power industry has identified as the core competencies that they would like to see in newly graduated Mechanical Engineering students.
- The project must have on-going usage and benefits beyond a one-year scope.
The selection of funding recipients will be based on the following criteria:
- Merits of the project – its goals and objectives
- Relevance and importance to adding fluid power curricula at your university
- Student involvement
- Multiplier effect
Examples of supported activities funded by this grant include:
- Resources you need to bring fluid power curricula to your mechanical engineering programs
- Development of teaching tools (e.g., textbooks, software programs, training stations)
- Lab development, maintenance, upgrades
Contact Amy Zignego for questions or 414-778-3376.